Thursday, July 14, 2005

Massive BONK!

Tuesday I ran the course of Arts Fest 10K. I was a little worried because I started feeling really hungry just before I left work. (In other words, too late to eat anything.) But I felt great when I started running. I think I did the first two miles in about 15 minutes. Then when I was running past the bus stop, which is in the middle of a long, gradual uphill, and just before a steeper hill, the Loop stopped and let out a blast of hot air. My lungs instantly felt totally empty. I was seriously gasping a wheezing for the next mile.
When I turned to go up a very slight hill on Atherton street, the engine just quit. I walked a bit, then ran down the hill. But when I hit the flat section at the bottom the engine stalled again. I walked for about 4 minutes, and then finally got my breath back, and was able to run it out. So I think I won't run again until race day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home